Saturday, March 26, 2011

Picnic, Ninja, and Rugby

Today I went with a couple of people from church to Cockatoo Island for a picnic. Cockatoo Island is an island in the middle of the Sydney harbor area that was used a prison/reformatory/ship building yard/war base/etc and now is just a little tourist attraction. We didn't do much touristy stuff, though we did note that they filmed some of X-men Origins there.

Anyways, we hiked up to the top of the island (it had some cliffs and stuff) and had a picnic with a great view of the bridge and harbor. I like picnics. Just sayin'.

I also tried Vegemite for the first time. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but certainly not delicious. For something made from left over yeast extract from beer breweries, you might say it was dang good.

After lunch we tossed a rugby ball around. It made me really really want to play more sports.

Now for the highlight of the day: I taught everyone how to play ninja. And everyone consists of about 15 Asians (and 1 australian and another American or two). The irony was overwhelming and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment