Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Some random things:

Had a fun discussion in Australia class today (not a class discussion, but a discussion while class was going on...) about the Australian stereotypical view of Americans. Here are the four key points:

1. Fast food
2. Guns
3. Walmart
4. Stupid/Arrogant

Score one for America?


Its starting to get cold here. And because we don't have heat (or AC) its cold inside as well as outside. I'm wearing long pants and a jacket usually. Everyone can think of the last time they saw me wearing both of those and be surprised.


List of all samples Kanye West has used can be found here, plus links at bottom:
Kanye West: Original Samples Collection
I found this interesting because the dude has some great taste in music. Steely Dan, Daft Punk, Prince, Curtis Mayfield, Bill Withers, Al Green, MJ, Aretha Franklin, and Steve Miller are just a few that jump off the page at me.
This list doesn't include 808 and Heartbreak or My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy so it should me even longer. I also think there might be correlation between why people like Kanye so much (his music at least) and the fact he knows the good stuff himself.


I still suck at essays.


I have less than 3 weeks of class left. Crazy.

Thats all I've got for now, felt like I had more to say when I started. I'm definitely missing G'ville a little bit too.

Peace and Joy,

Boyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment