Sunday, September 4, 2011

It's been a while since I have blogged. My life is crazy right now.

Here's a quick experience,

So last night, after a long day of friends, football, fun, and sweating (I'm sorry sweating doesn't start with an f) the roommates and I and a couple other friends were hanging out at our place. Eventually, I was like bump staying awake i have to be up at the crack of dawn, so I went to shower and then go to bed. After my shower, as I was laying in bed with the lights off, I felt the strong urging of the holy spirit to go and ask whoever was out in my living room still if we could pray. I didn't. I felt guilty, but I didn't.

This morning I woke up and didn't feel guilty or shameful anymore. I felt like I had chosen the wrong thing clearly, but in doing so I had just chosen against some blessing that was set aside for me in prayer that night. It is beautiful to see how Christ's mercies really are new every morning for me, the prodigal son (or maybe just the elder son who hangs around home but isn't really about his father's business). It was also really good to realize that the prayer/situation that I neglected out of fear (of what i dunno) I was being led to was in order to bless me and my roommates. Now I find myself wishing to obey not for obedience sake but for my sake.

How good is freedom. And how good is it to remember why we are asked to obey.

1 John 5:3

Peace and Joy....     and Freedom!

Boyer.

In other news, here's a pretty little proof I did for homework tonight:
Let * be an associate binary operation on set A with an identity element, e. Proof that the inverse of an element is unique if it exists.

Let y and z be inverses of x. We want to show that they are equivalent.
y = y * e                         (Identity theorem)
y* e = y * (x * z)            (z is the inverse of x)
y * (x* z) = (y * x) * z   (associative property)
(y * x) * z = e * z           (y is the inverse of x)
e * z = z                          (Identity theorem)

Therefore, by transitivity, y = z and the inverse of x is unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment