Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Photography

Photography and digital art/photo editing is definitely something I am becoming more interested in. With my little point and shoot camera, my mac, and Gimp (http://www.gimp.org/), I can do all kinds of awesome things.

Here's some of the recent stuff I've done and edited:


The lights from the blinds on my home cabinets.
Taken on my Panasonic point and shoot, minimal editing in iPhoto.
I really like the concept of light as a subject. Not only does it appeal to my scientific mind as a ridiculously cool physical phenomena, it appeals to just about everyone's aesthetic likings. I also like the analogical and metaphorical characteristics of light and dark.

\
This is a stock portrait of Dietrich Bonhoeffer and one of Adolf Hitler put together with Gimp. Partially me figuring out the program a little more, partially me dealing with all of the atrocities of the past and the idea of my future.



A picture I took of Maggie and Tim this past summer, edited in Gimp. I was just fooling around, and I thought it looked cool.



I just really like this picture. Minimal editing.

Pictures are fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment