Wednesday, March 3, 2010

#5

This is my prayer:
That I may see you more.
That the blinds may be lifted from my eyes.
That your beauty would be present in my life.
That your love would keep me warm.

Father, my eyes are blind.
Yet I am not my eyes.

This is my prayer:
That my hands and feet be steady.
That they may work for you.
That I may serve you to the world.
That through me your love would keep us all whole.

Father, my hands are tied, my feet can't move.
Yet I am not my hands or feet.

This is my prayer:
That my desires would be worth.
That I should strive for gold.
That I may not be choked among thorns.
That your love would keep me pure.

Father, I am stuck in this world.
Yet it's desires can't confine me.

Your hope is real.
Your love is real.
Your faithfulness more consistent than the waves.
I am not my body, not my sight, not my own.
I am Yours.
Yours alone.

Take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment